Here we are!
The art of mothering is to teach the art of living to children. ~Elain Heffner

Friday, December 19, 2008

Another failed trip to see Santa...

Today was our second attempt to visit Santa and have a picture taken on his lap. Last Friday when we went to the mall Santa decided to take a 1 hour break right when it was The P's turn to go up to see him. We didn't feel like waiting, so The P, GiGi and I headed back today. There was a bit of a line, so I stood and waited while GiGi took The P around to the side to watch the other kids get their turn. She waved to him and didn't seem to be afraid at all. After about 30 minutes it was finally our turn! When we were about to approach him the nice ladies behind the counter informed us that suddenly the printer stopped working and they wouldn't be able to take any pictures until it was fixed. (But don't worry they were on the phone with tech support.) I mean seriously...it waited until the exact moment that it was finally our turn to go up?! They did say that if we had our own camera we could take a few pictures. So I walked The P up to Santa and she halted a safe 3 feet away from him. Apparently that was the closest she was planning to get. I tried and tired to get her to sit on his lap, but it wasn't happening. I even sat on his knee, but it didn't phase her. She didn't cry, but the poor kid was literally shaking when I tried to bring her too close. We got a few shots with Santa in the background but that was the best we could do :( I think I'm done for the season. We'll try again next year...


1 comment:

shamers said...

It's so hard to get them to do it at this age! We lucked out -- I guess she wants a new baby doll that bad. But yes, I agree with letting them off the hook if there's too much terror. :)