Here we are!
The art of mothering is to teach the art of living to children. ~Elain Heffner

Monday, February 18, 2008

Busy, busy, busy....

Sorry I am behind on my posts. There has been a lot going on lately.

Let's start with Friday. The P was invited to her friend Will's 2nd birthday. She got all dolled up in her new Valentine dress from Aunt Amy. At the party she got to meet new friends and eat pizza, blueberries, and Elmo cupcakes. Oh, the cupcakes! I was a little nervous because she ate a big sugary cupcake about half an hour before naptime. When we got home from the party she ran around the house like a wild woman on a sugar high. But then I put her in her crib and she fell fast asleep...until 5:30!! I swear there must have been a sedative in those wonderful Elmo cupcakes. I have to find out where Caty ordered them so we can get some for Maya's next birthday (and I wouldn't mind her having one every Friday if she will nap for 4.5 hours).
Here is a video of The P in her party dress getting dizzy in the living room. The funny thing about the video is that it was taken the day after her friend E posted a similar video on her blog where she spins round and round and gets dizzy (or, "gets busy" as E likes to say). We had no idea!



Friday night the Loughlin's arrived in town for the weekend. Uncle Brian, MB, and Ciara came down from NY to visit. The P was already sleeping when they got here, but she got to see Baby Ciara first thing in the morning. Ciara (pronounced "key-ra" for all the non-Irish speakers out there) became "Baby Tea-cup" in The P's pronunciation. The P really loved her friend, Baby Teacup! We had a wonderful weekend with them, and made a trip to the frog exhibit at the National Geographic museum.





Now it's time to get ready for our vacation to Vermont! We spent the day getting organized, and The P tried on her snowsuit, and she didn't want to take it off. Then she tried to pack herself in her suitcase with her snowsuit on!




Hopefully we can keep you posted from Vermont!

No comments: